This was the picture that greeted us sunday morning from our bedroom window. We were awake early enough to enjoy the sunrise as it lit up the countryside and made the snow glisten.
This is the view over the Derwent Valley looking out from our bedroom window. Stunning.
I was thrilled as the sun was rising to see how it caught a window across from us bringing a sunny warmth and light to the frozen landscape. Magical.
I zoomed in and just had to take a snap of the unspoilt countryside and fields surrounding us.
It felt like us and this little fella were the only ones up in time to see how the snow had shaped and changed the scenery overnight. We all just sat for a while taking it all in.
We are very lucky here in Chopwell to have such wonderful chaps working as our firemen. A this time of year, they take on an extra role, one that has stood the test of time and a long-established tradition that has been around since my hubby was a nipper (some 30-ish years ago!).
Every Christmas, on the last Sunday before Christmas we hear the fire engine's sirens and horns going....signalling to excited children and expectant parents alike that Santa Claus is on his way!
Every year one of the firemen dresses up as Santa and sits atop the fire engine as it drives through the village, accompanied by the other firemen who walk alongside handing out sweets to the kiddies.
It really is the most amazing sight to see and to hear the kids running up the street shouting "Santa's coming!" is such a joy.
And finally......
I thought since this is a festive post, I would leave you with the picutres I took of our beautiful Poinsettia plant, given to us by my cousin Joan.
We would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy & peaceful New Year!

No comments:
Post a Comment